JANUARY 2020 – MONTHLY TOWN BOARD MEETING FOR TOWN OF FRANKLIN
The January monthly meeting for the Town of Franklin was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairman Dick Wochos, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
Officers present: Dick Wochos, Jim Wacek, Katie Duckart, Sandy Smidle and Todd DeGrave.
Katie Duckart made a motion to approve the agenda as printed, Jim Wacek seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Jim Wacek made a motion to accept the minutes as printed from the December Town Board meeting. Katie Duckart seconded the motion. Motion carried.
Treasurer Sandy Smidle presented the Treasurer’s Report, which shows a balance of $63,579.46 Katie Duckart made a motion to accept the Treasurer’s report, Jim Wacek seconded the motion, and the motion carried.
Zoning Administrator Sandy Lemens reported no building permits issued in December. Sandy Lemens is going to follow up with the quarries that have not paid for their 2020 permits yet.
County Board Supervisor Tom Cretney reported the following:
Resolutions November/December 2019
1. Authorizing broadband expansion grant/partnership with Bug Tussel
2. Resolution approving expenditures for housing study Bay Lakes
3. Resolution approving funds for preliminary design services for highway building
4. Approval of 2020 budget
First Responder Suzi Sevcik was not present but provided the following update via email:
1. Donations in Dec: $100 from Dick & Jean Wochos, $100 from Vandenheuvel Plumbing (Eric & Kristine Vandenheuvel
2, In December we had 5 calls
3. We have a different option for our 2020 renewal, a paramedic that lives in the town has offered to do our training over the next 5 months at our regular meetings. He will volunteer his time, we’re just waiting on approval from our Medical Director. This will save us close to $650
John Mastair discussed possible contract for garbage and recycling pickup. The town currently has 213 residences electing to receive this service out of about 400. John Mastair requested a copy of the current contract to create a competitive bid. Sandy Smidle with provide that to John. The town does not currently require bins but it will be mandatory in the near future because of labor and safety issues.
Katie Duckart made a motion to keep the pay per meeting for planning committee members at the current rate of $25. Jim Wacek seconded the motion, and the motion carried.
It was discovered that the town ordinance pertaining to cell towers is out of date because of a recent state law passed in July of 2019. Zoning administrator Sandy Lemens has been working with Bay Lake and also a WTA lawyer to bring the wording into compliance. There will need to be a public hearing to approve the ordinance change.
Town Orders # 1 to # 26 were discussed, approved and paid.
Our next monthly Town Board meeting will be February 10, 2020. at the Franklin Town Hall.
There being no further discussion, the January Town Board meeting was adjourned at 8:15 p.m.
Todd DeGrave Town Clerk